Here’s a news item from the BBC which we will use for today’s listening activity: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55348574.
First, read the instructions to help you get the most benefit from the task:
- Click on the link – BBC news – and watch without subtitles
- Watch it again but this time with subtitles in English. Don’t worry about any words you don’t understand
- Watch once more (with subtitles) and pause when you find a word you don’t know
- Use an English only dictionary to find the meaning of these words
- Do not look up the meaning of every word you don’t know but only the ones you think are interesting
If you found this interesting or useful, please like and share. Thanks!
Interested in learning and practising English online but not sure how it works? For a free trial lesson, message me on WhatsApp: 0035679664664 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first name and your time zone.