This gap-fill exercise has Covid-19 as the main theme. The target level is very good intermediate and above.
Complete the sentences using the correct tense. Think carefully whether you need the active or passive form.
- When __________ the first case of Covid-19 __________ ? to record
- Where __________ it __________ from? to originate
- Covid-19 __________ also __________ as corona virus. to know
- The city __________ __________ in lockdown since the beginning of the month. to be
- My uncle __________ __________ Covid positive last week. to diagnose
- A student of mine __________ the virus in March. to catch
- Do you think the vaccine __________ __________ successful? to be
- We __________ __________ __________ __________ Christmas at home this year. to celebrate
- The economy __________ __________ __________ really well until the virus __________ the country. to do / to hit
- Giving a lesson while I __________ __________ a face mask is rather uncomfortable. to wear
Send me your answers for correction: email@example.com.
If you found this interesting or useful, please like and share. Thanks!
Interested in learning and practising English online but not sure how it works? For a free trial lesson, message me on WhatsApp: 0035679664664 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first name and your time zone.