It’s a Monday, new faces at school, new people to meet. Here are a few questions to help you start a conversation:
- Ask Where are you from? and you will find out which country the person lives in
- If you want to know their job, then ask What do you do?
- And when you want the name of their hotel, then the question is Where are you staying?
- Some students stay in Malta for only one or two weeks, others for many months. To get this information, try How long are you here for? or How long are you staying here for?
- Maybe you’d like to meet them after school, so you need to know if they have any plans. Are you doing anything after school? is a good one
Now go out and use these questions. Remember, speaking (even with mistakes) is much more fun than studying from a grammar book all on your own!